Ensure your pets have a fun safe Christmas, with these 7 top tips:
- Choose Christmas decorations labelled NON TOXIC
- Create a safe space for your pet – perhaps a spare bedroom or utility room – where they can escape the commotion. Put food, water, toys and a bed in there
- Don’t give chocolate or leave presents containing chocolate easily accessible
- Christmas plants may look pretty but poinsettias, mistletoe, holly, amaryllis, ferns and pine sap are poisonous to cats and dogs
- If you’re having guests make sure children are supervised around your pet to avoid injury to either party
- Long walks will tire out your dog and stop them getting bored or disruptive
- Keep cables from Christmas tree lights out of reach or get a cable guard they can’t chew through, because rabbits, cats and dogs will try!
But most importantly have an amazing Christmas and a Happy New Year!